Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Trip Down Wisteria Lane

As the mischievous Andrew Van der Kamp, actor Shawn Pyfrom adds to the ongoing excitement on ABC’s hit series Desperate Housewives. Each week, his character crafts cunning plans to get even with his prim and proper mom, Bree (Marcia Cross). From Wisteria Lane to Hollywood Boulevard, Shawn is teen regular on and off the screen. His impressive resume is filled with countless TV spots, feature films, and commercials recently working with entertainment favorites such as Kristin Davis and funny man Tim Allen. Looks, brains, and personality: Shawn is definitely a great addition to primetime TV!

Describe how your life has changed due to the fame and success you have reached.
It really hasn't changed all that much. I go to a lot more events and I work a lot more often, but really, other than that life has stayed about the same.

What is a typical day on the set of Desperate Housewives like?
A typical day is going in, doing a couple scenes with Marcia while goofing around half of the time!

Did you ever imagine Desperate Housewives would be this successful when you started the pilot?
No, not at all. I think we were all surprised by how successful this show has been, and we're all very grateful for it becoming the hit that it has.

Do you have a favorite Housewive?
I've got to give it up for my TV mom, Marcia Cross.

What is one thing you would like fans to know about you?
I'm not like the character I play on TV. I'm a little better in real life!

If you had to pick: Making TV shows or filming movies?
I would pick TV for the family environment, but movies in terms of my professional career

For dinner I like to make:
Pizza! I make the pizza usually with a tortilla for the crust and then the rest is pretty typical for a pizza; sauce, mushrooms, olives, and tomatoes.

What do your friends think of your life as an actor?
Being that most of them are actors as well, it doesn’t matter. This has been a great thing.


-
-


By Jessica McCafferty


Photo courtesy of ShawnPyfrom.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey that was a great interview..did you do the interview in person (if yes, i'm very jealous!) or not? well done, you have a super blog...
regards,
Ria (South Africa)